JWPce Hakkında Bazı Bilgiler (İngilizce)
JWPce is a freeware Japanese word processor, available free to anyone under the terms of the GNU General Public License. You are welcome to make a copy of JWPce for your own use, as well as to distribute it to other people. The GNU General Public License binds you to the agreement that you always distribute full copies of the program, and that you may charge a distribution fee for distributing it. However, no part(s) of JWPce may be included in any commercial product, nor may any commercial product include portion(s) derived from part(s) of JWPce, without the explicit permission of the respective copyright holder(s).
JWPce is a basic Japanese word processor that is designed primarily for the English speaker who is reading and/or writing in Japanese. Considerable effort has been put into the online dictionary, kanji information, and radical lookup features of JWPce. These allow JWPce to function as an electronic Japanese-English, English-Japanese, and kanji dictionary. Additionally, JWPce has a number of features that were designed to assist students studying Japanese.
Although JWPce was inspired by the program JWP (created by Stephen Chung), JWPce is a complete rewrite of the code, starting from scratch. During the creation of JWPce, I added a number of features designed to assist me in learning Japanese. You may find these same features to be useful. Additionally, JWPce contains a number of features to make it easier to read native Japanese text (in electronic or print media).
JWPce Features (Özellikler)
A Brief List of Special Features
- Online Dictionary: JWPce uses Jim Breen's Japanese-English dictionary. This dictionary allows the user to translate both to and from Japanese, using either kanji or kana. JWPce's dictionary features are highly expanded, the program allows searching of Jim Breen's EDICT (general word dictionary), and ENAMDIC (a name dictionary containing over 168k Japanese names), as well as a number of other Japanese(English dictionaries. Additionally, a user dictionary is supported for words that you cannot find in the online dictionaries.
- Radical Lookup: JWPce has the ability to lookup kanji by stroke number, and by identifying any number of radicals contained within the kanji. Thus if you can identify two or more radicals within the kanji, you can search for all kanji containing all of those radicals.
- Many Different Kanji Lookup Systems: JWPce contains no less than nine kanji lookup systems.
- Kanji Information: JWPce has the ability to provide a large amount of information on any kanji character, including meanings, on-yomi, kun-yomi, etc.
- Auto-detect Clipboard: When importing from the clipboard JWPce can automatically detect the clipboard format. This makes reading Japanese web pages much easier.
- Unicode Support: JWPce supports Unicode both in files and on the clipboard. As Unicode applications become more dominant, this feature will become even more useful. (Current Unicode applications include Internet Explorer 4.x/5.x, Word, Netscape 4.x, and all native Windows CE applications.)
- Color Kanji: JWPce can display kanji in a list you generate in a different color. This allows you to color either the kanji that you don't know or the kanji that you do know.
- Advanced Search: JWPce has expanded search capabilities that allow searching over multiple files.
- Kanji Counting: JWPce can identify the most common kanji in a file. This list is useful for students who want to identity common kanji to learn.
- Regular Actions: JWPce has a very regular approach to user interactions. This allows you to call up the kanji information box from any location, or call up the radical lookup dialog box from any edit box.
- Multiple Selections: JWPce allows multiple selection to be used in almost every location. This includes the Open File... dialog box, the dictionary dialog box, the Character Information dialog box, etc. Selection of multiple items is supported wherever it makes sense.
- Highly Configurable: Although JWPce is not configurable in all the ways JWP was, in many ways it is more configurable. Look through the Utilities/Options... dialog box for the major options. (Note that dictionary search options cannot be set there, use the Utilities/Dictionary... dialog box to set these).
- User Conveniences: JWPce has many user conveniences built into the interface, including remembering where your window is located, reloading files you were previously working on, etc.
- Network Configuration: JWPce can be installed on a network where, each user is assigned a location to store his or her personal configuration.
jwpceman.exe Manual (1 MB İngilizce Kılavuz-El Kitabı).
jwpcehlp.exe Help (1.4 MB İngilizce Yardım Dosyası).